Sunday, 20 September 2009

Longing for Loneliness (well, almost...)

You know how a few weeks ago I wrote a post about feeling lonely? Well, here are a few of the things that I have been doing recently:

Thursday: drinks after school with colleagues, then my friend S came round to borrow the internet and ended up staying for dinner and going home around midnight having put the world to rights with me over a bottle of wine.

Friday: dinner with S after work.

Saturday: I had to work in the morning (for the last time for a while, thankfully!), then I came home and slept for a couple of hours before heading out again to have tea with some other friends, then babysat their little boy for a couple of hours and made the most of their DVD collection.

Sunday: today I'm meeting up with some friends from when I worked in Nancy for a balade in the forest on the south-east side of Paris. After that I am really looking forward to coming home and spending some time alone this evening!

In between all this, I've spent hours on the phone and the internet chatting to friends from home. Neufbox, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment