Monday, 11 January 2010

Useless international statistic of the day:

According to a study reported on my favourite Italian TV quiz show (and therefore it must be true) France recently came second in a survey of what people considered to be the "most admired country in the world," being beaten for top spot by the United States of America. (It's all thanks to Obama, apparently.)*

I also learned that many airlines are encouraging passengers to reduce their carbon footprint by going to the toilet before they get on the plane. I would love to see the advertising slogans for that. Suggestions in the comments box please!

* Edit: my curiosity was piqued and I googled the study, which turned out to be the 2009 Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index . Now, I can see why France has a good "brand" image (even if I can imagine Gallic lips curling at the Anglo-Saxon marketing-speak) and I can see why the US does but I'd love to know how two such different countries came to be ranked so closely in any survey. What do you think your country's national "brand" is?

No comments:

Post a Comment