Tuesday, 28 June 2011
Tuesday, 14 June 2011
Tuesday, 7 June 2011
As I mentioned in my last post, I spent Ascension weekend at a gîte in the Charente-Maritime, halfway between
- Many place names in the Charente-Maritime end in –ac. We discovered Givrézac, Gémozac and Jonzac …
- …But there are also the better known
- French people sneer at the Spanish for putting lemonade in their wine but it is perfectly acceptable to mix
- I like
- If you park your car illegally in the pretty medieval
- The Atlantic coast has great beaches.
- The sea is warm enough to swim in.
- It’s not a good idea to have the front door of your gîte lower than ground level, especially if the drain outside the door blocks and there is a massive thunderstorm. It’s even harder to sweep the water out if the uneven floor slopes away from the door.