Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Parisian Wanderings

Last weekend, for the first time in ages, I was absolutely free. No work, no travelling, no visitors, and nothing in particular that I had to do. It was awesome.

Understanding Frenchman had been travelling for work all week, so I left him catching up on laundry and wandered lazily into town with no particular plans. I had a look in some shops in the area around Bastille but, with the sales starting in just over a week, had no intention of buying anything just yet, then made my way lazily down to the river. On the quais of the Ile Saint Louis and the Ile de la Cité, I was so close to the river I spotted a mother duck gliding lazily along with a brood of fluffy ducklings paddling frantically behind her. Even higher up, the water is so close, you feel as if you could just walk in ...


Ile de la Cité

Pont des Arts from the Pont Neuf







I finished my stroll at the Pont des Arts, where they tried to stop people fixing padlocks to the railings, but clearly it didn't work.
You can see the Eiffel Tower from here!

Love conquers all, even the Paris Mairie.
 And after that, it was just a short stroll through the Tuileries to catch the metro home.








No comments:

Post a Comment