Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Big Project 2015

My big project for 2015 will take place in two countries. It involves about 150 people of multiple nationalities and speaking six different languages. Not all of them have a language in common. It requires my dad, who hasn't been abroad since 1979, to get a passport, and Understanding Frenchman's parents, who have only left France once in their lives, to take international flights. It entails paperwork, form-filling, appointments and certified translations. We will have to coordinate several meals and three nights of accommodation for the aforementioned 150 people, and in the middle of all this, we will have to stand up in front of them and make possibly the most significant speeches of our lives. And I haven't even mentioned the frivolous parts yet.

Luckily, Understanding Frenchman and I will be doing this together, and I cannot imagine a better person to share such a big undertaking with.

Which is just as well, because (just in case you haven't already guessed), we're getting married!

Photo from www.popsugar.com

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I guessed after the first line. =) But then I have weddings on the brain! I'm sure it'll a fantastic celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - as you can imagine, I've been following your wedding-related posts with interest. It's always fun to compare experiences!

      By the way, I've tried to comment on your blog a few times and it doesn't always publish. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

      Delete
    2. I just found one in spam! Thanks for telling me. Hopefully no more of them will go in there but I'll try to check from time to time.

      Delete
  2. That's the project!!! That is awesome! I could not have guessed that, how exciting though!!! Congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It took me a few lines in to guess! How exciting!!

    almostbilingue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! It took me a few lines to figure it out. That was probably because I have only been reading your blog for like a year and assumed you guys were already married. Gotta remember no to assume things.

    I hope the day is wonderful and fitting celebration of your union.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I commented on this when you first published, but it seems not to have gone through. Damn you, blogspot, for eating my comments!

    More importantly however: félications; auguri; CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete