Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Hello 2017 ...

... and a happy new year to all my readers!

We spent Hogmanay and new year in a gîte in Brittany with my brother, his wife and my little nephew, with an old friend of UFM's joining us for dinner on the 31st. We didn't do a massive amount over the 5 days we were there as just getting out of the house took a fair bit of organisation with two babies to work around, but we did have a good time eating, drinking and catching up.

For our traditional seaside walk, we went to the coast at St Brieuc. There were no massive waves this year, as the tide was right out and the sea far away in the distance, but it was a lovely cold, clear day with sunlight shining off the wet sand and the rock pools.



When my sister-in-law asked over dinner whether we were making any new year resolutions for 2017, I replied "survival" - and only half in jest. This week SCB is doing her adaptation with the nanny and we're all going to have to start adapting to me being back at work. I'm a bit apprehensive about the organisational side of things but I think SCB will enjoy being with the other children the nanny looks after and I feel pretty good about getting back to doing a job I love. So 2017 will indeed be about surviving, but hopefully in a "rising to the challenge" rather than an "only just coping" sort of way.

I hope it's a good one for you too!

1 comment:

  1. Survival, yes, an excellent resolution, though I would take that to mean trying to get the best out of things too. Our little boy will be starting at the nanny's in three weeks too and I'm already having dreams about it, though I am looking forward to the extra social interaction that work will bring. Sounds like you had a lovely new year's celebration, a bit similar to ours.

    ReplyDelete