... it might be because it's the rentrée and everyone is too busy taking work seriously to do fun and exciting things.
... it might be because taking a toddler to the park is often the highlight of our weekend
... it might be because we've moved to the suburbs and are in the process of becoming old and boring
But there's also a very exciting reason why evenings spent reading and watching TV, local walks and afternoon naps have taken precedence over novel and bloggable experiences:
We are expecting our second baby!
He or she is due in March, so having spent the summer feeling sick and exhausted, I'm finding it a bit easier to enjoy life now (at least up until about 9pm, when I fall asleep on the sofa). So far, I think the best thing about this being the second time around is looking forward to everything more: we know what to expect and, having survived the baby experience once, we're more confident that it will be OK this time around as well.
But if anyone has any tips for surviving sleepless nights with a newborn followed by manic days with a toddler, I'm all ears!
... it might be because taking a toddler to the park is often the highlight of our weekend
... it might be because we've moved to the suburbs and are in the process of becoming old and boring
But there's also a very exciting reason why evenings spent reading and watching TV, local walks and afternoon naps have taken precedence over novel and bloggable experiences:
We are expecting our second baby!
He or she is due in March, so having spent the summer feeling sick and exhausted, I'm finding it a bit easier to enjoy life now (at least up until about 9pm, when I fall asleep on the sofa). So far, I think the best thing about this being the second time around is looking forward to everything more: we know what to expect and, having survived the baby experience once, we're more confident that it will be OK this time around as well.
But if anyone has any tips for surviving sleepless nights with a newborn followed by manic days with a toddler, I'm all ears!
Congratulations! How exciting! I definitely imagine/hope the next time around for us will be less stressful, with less unnecessary worry, and less self questioning.
ReplyDeleteAlso, highlights of my weekends are music class with the baby and taking him to his great-granny's. It still seems pretty wonderful even if it's not technically exciting.
Congratulations! March babies are the best. Okay, just saying because I was a March baby :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I hope you're feeling fine and that the pregnancy is going well. I wish you so, so much happiness!
Congratulations! That is such exciting news!
ReplyDeleteAnd at the moment, highlights of my weekends are... recognizing it's actually the weekend! I have no idea what day it is anymore. Though now that my husband is back at work, it should be easier to know if it's the weekend ;-) As long as he's thinking clearing and doesn't try to go to work. I actually had to remind him that his leave was over yesterday.
Congratulations! My sister-in-law is also expecting a baby in March. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeletecongrats!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete