Wednesday, 28 March 2018

She's Here!

After my last whinging blog post, I decided too get over myself and made lots of plans for the week with friends along the lines of "Assuming I'm not otherwise occupied by then, would you like to meet up?" and the last few days of pregnancy were actually quite nice despite the effect of hormones which I'm sure were to blame for making me grumpy.

Then, with perfect timing, another series of contractions started just as I was putting SCT to bed. I kept an eye on the timings while reading her bedtime story,  UFM came home from work, and as soon as SCT fell asleep we made our way to the hospital.

Everyone tells you that second babies often come more quickly, so I was fearing a fast and dramatic birth, but in fact this labour was if anything slightly longer than the first. But although I wouldn't go so far as to say it was pleasant (and having resisted an epidural for as long as possible, I'm in awe of anyone who gives birth without one) everything went as well as could be expected and we were enjoying newborn cuddles by the middle of the morning.

SCT has been to meet her little sister. She looked at her, said, "Fait dodo," very matter-of-factly, then got busy climbing on the hospital furniture and playing with the controls on the bed.

So all is well chez nous for the moment!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What happy news. I hope she does "fait dodo" as well as can be hoped. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fait dodo"... I love that! So cute!

    Congratulations! I hope you manage to take care of yourself a bit (...I know, I know, newborn + toddler...) and I wish her the happiest life ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I'm from a family of two girls-- me and my younger sister-- so I'm partial to that combo. :) Fun times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I'm glad the birth went well and you are all back home. I had strong back (doubled over in pain) contractions long before I was even admitted "just for observation", so as soon as they offered the epidural to me, I took it. Major props to anyone who can go without it.

    ReplyDelete